Taking woodstock screening

Posted by Dianne Ariella Winston Thursday, July 30, 2009

Forty years ago this summer, an army of ungroomed idealists invaded upstate New York
for a three-day concert that changed the world;Says Source.

Taking Woodstock,Ang Lee's latest flick pays homage to that moment,

Speaking of: It turns out the
film's re-enactments of
Woodstock's famous free-
for-alls weren't entirely authentic.Source adds: "It was mud
mixed with cooking oil, so
that we could slip faster," lead Demetri Martin
revealed.

Guests happily
slid into theme, with Erin Fetherston and some pals spilling out of a colorful VW bus splashed
with psychedelic swirls and Claire Danes and cast
member Emile Hirsch posing for paps holding the daisies that were being handed out at the door. And at the after-party at the Bowery Hotel,
there were almost enough headbands and flower-girl dresses for a Summer of
Love, round two.
Perhaps more than his co-stars, Liev Schreiber
was in his element. "My mom
and dad were big hippies and I spent time on
communes," the actor recalled. "I just remember
the smell of soybeans everywhere. People were
making all sorts of strange things out of soybeans: food, clothing, paper,
everything. I suppose if I'd
gone to military school, maybe I'd be pining for
something like Woodstock.
But I'm certainly pining for
what it represents, and I
think that's what Ang was really after with the film."

Courtesy of Style

0 comments

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Label Category