Rachelle Lefevre reacts to being replaced on Eclipse

Posted by Dianne Ariella Winston Thursday, July 30, 2009
Last Night Summit Entertainment announced Rachelle Lefevre is to be replaced by Bryce Howard Dallas in the third
Twilight film,citing
scheduling conflicts as the
main reason for the re-casting.

Well not quite,Says Rachelle as she tells her own side of the Story.

"I was stunned by Summit's decision to recast the role
of Victoria for Eclipse. I was fully committed to the
Twilight saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria. I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted
only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules.

She adds:
"My commitment to Barney's Version is only 10 days. Summit picked up my option for Eclipse.

Although the production schedule for Eclipse is over three months long,Summit said
they had a conflict during those ten days and would
not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for Eclipse, never did I fathom I
would lose the role over a 10-day overlap. I was
happy with my contract with
Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose
simply to recast the part.

"I am greatly saddened that
I will not get to complete my
portrayal of Victoria for the
Twilight audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey
and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I've received since being cast
for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit's surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of Eclipse only the very best."

There you have it Folks! i guess Summit Entertainment lied.

0 comments

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Label Category